Tuesday 25 December 2012

A Special Collection

My Special Collection...  




Overall I have a general love for Christmas Decor. But when it comes to my ornaments I am particularily protective. Christmas 2005 marked my very first year with my boyfriend (now husband) Mark Costello. Our first year together he bought me a Special Christmas Ornament and every year to come I have received an additional ornament to add to my collection. Today I received my 8th ornament, marking our 8th Christmas together. As I looked over each ornament tonight they bring me back to each of the 8 years.... 




Year 1: Christmas 2005 
It was our very first Christmas together. I was 16 and my favourite colour was pink, everything I wore was pink, everything I owned was pink. Therefore it was only obvious that Mark would buy me a pink ornament. Mark had just graduated from high school and I was halfway done grade 11. Little did I know he had just started a tradition that would continue into our married life. 



Year 2: Christmas 2006 
I was now in my last year of high school, I had just finished sending away my University applications. Mark had just completed his first year at Lindy's Electric, officially starting his career (he still works for this company today).  



Year 3: Christmas 2007
I had graduated high school and Mark and I attended my Prom together. I had just finished my first semester at Brock University studying Applied Linguistics. 


Year 4: Christmas 2008
This year we celebrate our first Christmas as an engaged couple. On May 7th, 2008 Mark purposed to me on Smith Road in our home town of Wainfleet. We purchased a home this year in St. Catharines. I lived in the house with 2 other students while I attended University. This Christmas Mark and I chose to buy each other a puppy as our gift to each other, we bought a Dashhund puppy named Frank. 


Year 5: Christmas 2009
This was our very first year as a married couple, our very first year waking up on Christmas morning together. We married on June 20, 2009. We traveled to Panama for our Honeymoon. I was now entering my third year of University and would begin working as a Teacher's Assistant at Brock University. 



Year 6: Christmas 2010
We are two weeks away from the birth of our son. We are excited and anxious to meet this special little person. Mark has completed his first term of School at Mohawk towards his Electrical apprenticeship. This year we travelled to Newfoundland together and celebrated our first wedding anniversary. 


Year 7: Christmas 2011
This year we celebrated our very first Christmas with our son Isaiah. We are living with Mark's parents this year while between houses. I graduated from Brock University. I spent time on maternity leave followed by a post graduate program in Autism and Behaviour Science at Mohawk College. We are now renting our St. Catharines home. This year I was hired by Bethesda and begin training in January 2012. Mark has now completed his 2nd school term and is one term away from completing his apprenticeship. 


Year 8: Christmas 2012
Mark and I spent our first Christmas in our new Wainfleet Home. We are about to celebrate the 2nd birthday of our son Isaiah. This year we have endured many joys and also some loss. I am thankful I have been given the opportunity to begin my career at Bethesda as an Instructor Therapist while continuing to work for the University as a Teacher's Assistant. 


Overall, 8 very special years with a very special man. I am excited to see what Christmas 2013 will have in store and the new ornaments and memories that will enter my collection in the future. 


2 comments:

  1. This was such a cute post, I still can't believe you and Mark have spent 8 Christmases together. All the best in the new year, lady! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! 8 Christmases have gone by so fast! Yet so much has happened in these last years that I can't really imagine Christmas without Mark in it.

    ReplyDelete